PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) Renewal/Update Course
This course is intended for healthcare providers with a CURRENT PALS PROVIDER CARD. For example, medical, nursing, paramedical, respiratory therapists, dentists, pharmasists, or allied health professionals whose daily occupation demands proficiency in the knowledge and skills of pediatric life support. The goal of the Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course is to equip the student with cognitive & Psychomotor skills necessary to recognize, resuscitate, and stabilize the infant or child in respiratory failure, shock or cardiopulmonary arrest.
The learner will be able to recognize and implement interventions required to prevent respiratory and cardiac arrest in any pediatric patient
Faculty and Planning Committee Disclosures
The faculty and planning committee members of this conference have no declared conflicts of interest related to this program.
Successful Completion Criteria
Criteria for successful program completion for CNE credit is:
- Attendance of at least 90% of the program
- Achieve a passing score on the post-test of at least 84%
- Return demonstration
- Active participation in all small group sessions
Nationwide Children's Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- High-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Post–cardiac arrest management
The Nationwide Children's Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Nationwide Children's Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity